The Sea Captain Foster’s Homestead was built in the late 1700 on a land donated by in Law Captain Freeman.

It has been maintained with a commitment to the original architecture. The period details have not been compromised. Some of the lasting features include wide pine flooring, a kitchen with walk-in pantry, numerous fireplaces, and two separate parlors.

Two other buildings reside on the property. One is an original Barn, the other a three-bay carriage house.


The Sea Captain Foster’s family lived in this home until the late 1800. Some letters attest to the good nature of Captain Foster as he refers to bringing “honest goods” from England to the Cape.


The rolling lawns abutting stone walls is fringed with landscaped trees, and plantings and conversation lands.

Restoration efforts:

Sea Captain Foster’s Homestead has received a small grant from Corpwell.org, a Not-For-Profit specializing in repurposing historic properties while simultaneously bringing them back to represent it’s original aspect. Renovation are also supported by private donations.