Old Higgins Farm Windmill is a historic Smock windmill off of Old King’s Highway at Drummer Boy Park in Brewster on Cape Cod in Massachusetts.
The windmill was built in 1795, it last ground grain around 1900. The windmill was moved a number of times the last from Ellis Landing in Brewster to its current location in 1974. In 1975 it was added to the National Historic Register of Historic Places.
The windmill was donated its then owner, Mrs. Samuel Nickerson, in memory of her husband, to the Brewster Historical Society which continues to maintain it at its current location.
Wikipedia Accessed 05/05/2022
Currently, we are working on Captain Isaac Foster (1739-1824) who’s son lived at 1222 Stony Brook Rd. in Brewster.
- Sea Captains are an important part of Brewster’s heritage and history as they left the best built homes and history attached to them.
- If you have any history to share, please contact us.
To help you get started, here are a few questions:
- When was the house built? 1799
- How long did Captain Foster live at this address?
- Any history about his wife?
- Any history about his children?
- Grave sites?